EMU - Northern Cyprus 2012
A project of MTRG.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Adopt EMU | Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Full Animation 1.3MB
EMU (Loggerhead) is on the coast of Cyprus and 72 km from Nicosia
This turtle was tracked as part of a project to investigate the interaction of Cyprus small-scale fisheries with marine turtles.
The turtle was named EMU in celebration of the collaboration between University of Exeter and Eastern Mediterranean University in this work. Credit to Orcun Ustun, Yasin Akin, Mert Besiktas, Alp Gokgoz, Cagri Tayfun, Safak Kucukyazici and Burak Ali Cicek for their efforts patroling the East Coast of Cyprus, locating, recording and protecting nests in this globally important area.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.